Friday 1 June 2012

Testing, testing, one two three


Me.

I’m Erin and i’ve heard from a few people now that I should start a blog (although I have my suspicions that they’re just trying to restrict my ranting to a cross-off-able medium). It will probably be a not so healthy mix of observation, sharing things I think are awesome, knitting-related chat and attempts to assemble the chips on my shoulder into informed academic argument.

If you don’t know me personally, I’m twenty years old and from Huddersfield, a small-ish town in West Yorkshire, although I currently live in Edinburgh (and will be relocating to the Isle of Skye for three months in not too long – eek!). I moved here two years ago to study for a politics and history degree but switched fairly early on to study Scottish Gaelic instead, which has sort of taken over my life ever since and will probably be related to a large proportion of what I post on here.

I have a younger brother (free to a good home) and an iPig named Satan, I love woolly jumpers to such an extent I’m always a wee bit depressed when it heats up, and I have a really bad habit of laughing at my own thoughts without explaining them to anyone first. I like being near water and away from lots of people, and if the world is ever unfortunate enough that I reproduce, I have promised myself that my children will never have to wear shop-bought socks.

That’s probably all you really need to know. Oh, and I’m completely unqualified to talk about anything. 


Artist's impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment