Sunday 3 June 2012

Summer projects.


I have decided that my aim for this summer (up to September) is going to be three/four completed projects. I have a really bad habit of learning to do something new (like Fair Isle knitting or a picot edge), doing about five smallish samples of whatever I’ve just learned, and not actually finishing anything that involves doing it as part of a pattern. Unfortunately all my wool and needles are packed away (sob) and I’m not going to get them out again until it’s Monday night and I’m 300 miles south of where I am now, so in the meantime I’m deciding what those projects are going to be. I’ve got one on the go just now, but it’s a present so I’m not going to post it up here - I’m hoping to be finished this week anyway.

But anyway, so far I’m almost sure that four things I definitely want to get done are:
1) This saxophone motif as part of a scarf:


I'm thinking about doing it black and white, but instead of working it as part of the scarf, doing two separate panels with the saxophone motif and stitching them on afterwards as 'pockets' at the bottom of the scarf, as I really like scarves with pockets. 

2) These hand warmers, because gloves annoy me and because I've never knitted anything with a thumb-hole before:



3) A beanie hat with an R2D2 picture on it. I can't put a link or a picture up because it's not a pattern I've found anywhere, I'm going to attempt to add the chart into a pattern for a plain beanie that I sort of made up myself (fancy, I know!).

4) A pair of socks using a Fair Isle pattern. I've never knitted Fair Isle in the round, which I'll need to do for the R2D2 hat, so I might use the socks as a way to practice this before I start on quite a complicated chart. 


And that should keep me going for a while at least! I'm moving to a house with no internet access for three months so I'm hoping to come back with lots of nice new woolly things for winter (which will probably have arrived by the time I leave in September...ach well).
We'll see if I stick to it though!



No comments:

Post a Comment